Boba Network | October 13, 2022
Boba Network and the Hybrid Compute Paradigm
In recent months, the team at Enya Labs, contributors to Boba Network, chose to prioritize the advancement of our technology for integration into the blockchain gaming, NFT, and metaverse sectors.
To complement this shift and other integral uses of Boba Network, we announced the mainnet deployment of Hybrid Compute on Boba Network in Q1.
This milestone is significant for the adoption of Boba Network and blockchain as a whole because it allows distributed computers like Ethereum to interact with non-distributed Web2 computers in a plug-and-play environment, allowing for seamless cross-platform stack interoperability.
Hybrid Compute allows developers to create advanced algorithms that are typically too expensive to run on-chain, enabling full integration with technologies such as AI and machine learning to trigger more complex algorithms off-chain.
This new communication paradigm allows Web3 developers to connect to existing Web2 systems in a simpler, more streamlined manner with just a single line of code, unleashing a vast number of never-before-seen real world uses.
How Hybrid Compute Enhances Web3 Gaming
This state-of-the-art advancement is critical to the success of Boba’s focus on the gaming, metaverse, and NFT sectors moving forward. By bridging mainstream Web2 with blockchain and Web3, Boba Network is able to create and unify new business models and forms of value in the gaming, NFT, and metaverse economies.
Hybrid Compute allows engineers to leverage external Web2 APIs or complete intensive backend computation with a single atomic transaction. The end result is the elimination of wait times for end users and a streamlined developer experience for smart contract application integration.
Recall that Hybrid Compute enables developers to build Ethereum-compatible Solidity smart contracts that can easily be deployed on Boba Network and integrated with mainstream computing stacks, greatly expanding the capabilities of dApps, GameFi, and the like on Boba Network.
Boba’s ever-growing integrations with Ethereum, Avalanche, Moonbeam, Fantom, and other chains will allow Boba Network to advance blockchain gaming via Hybrid Compute in a wide variety of ecosystems and applications.
Real World Hybrid Compute Gaming Solutions
With the prevalence of numerous ways that blockchain and Web2 will continue to work together in the gaming industry, it is critical to develop solutions to problems that will emerge as the industry expands. Boba Network’s specialized Hybrid Compute framework accomplishes this in several ways. These include:
- Introduction of complex backend (that influence gameplay and gaming mechanics) computations through Hybrid Compute that allow results to be achieved directly on-chain.
- More user-friendly, intuitive, in-game NFTs in gaming and metaverse environments (such as various types of armor, skins, weapons, player levels, gaming world/level availability, character traits etc.)
- Increased complexity for in-game NFT minting eligibility for skins and in-game items (with numerous additional options once a player obtains a certain level or accomplishes another goal)
- Price amendment tailored to limit barrier to entry for global users. Unfortunately, the accessibility to financial services is perilous in many regions where populations are increasingly unbanked. Boba is designed to help eliminate these problems by helping create buying power-resistant frameworks that allow anyone no matter their income or geographical location to participate. Hybrid Compute helps realize this goal by adapting on-chain minting fees based on data querying search parameters that can be customized to accommodate any user.
Introducing Metaforra and Futuructa: Gaming and Boba Network Combined
Boba Network and blockchain gaming company Metaforra recently initiated a partnership to leverage Boba’s Layer-2 scaling technology to enhance gameplay within their flagship gaming title, Futuructa. Metaforra is a play-to-earn (P2E) gaming ecosystem that provides access to asset staking, allowing investors to earn 15% of the company’s fiat income moving forward. Metaforra also allows users to leverage their gaming marketplace to trade, buy, sell, and trade different NFTs and other in-game items from Futuructa, and soon for their additional gaming titles.
Futuructa is a merge-style metaverse strategy game that allows users to build their own gaming worlds through various functionalities while earning tokens in-game. During gameplay, users earn the FORRA token, which has no cap and is burned and minted to ensure economic equilibrium of the ecosystem. Futuructa can be played in single or multiplayer modes and follows a puzzle-based, object-merging format that allows users to level up their characters and create new NFT-enabled items, and more.
The Metaforra project is designed to address several limitations found in most existing blockchain games. These include limited user accessibility, poor onboarding, and lackluster gameplay. The company solves these problems by providing access to their titles directly via Google Play and the Apple Store, while also employing an automatic wallet generation feature — supported by the Boba Network mainnet — that is created immediately when a player enters the game. The Metaforra team is the creator of several Web2 gaming titles including Steampunk Tower (which has over 1 million downloads), giving them the experience to hit their upcoming blockchain gaming iterations out of the park.
Futuructa is the first in a line of gaming titles that Metaforra will release over the next several years. Upcoming releases include card-style game, Quantum War, which is currently in MVP, as well as Atoms for Entity launching in 2023. Additional upcoming titles include Story of Metaforra as well as Chase the Qubit, which are launching in 2024 and 2025 respectively.
Hybrid Compute, Boba Network Characteristics, and the Future of Gaming on Boba Network
Boba’s cutting-edge Hybrid Compute technology allows gamers and developers to realize a more immersive, transparent, and intuitive gaming experience by linking technologies present in mainstream gaming with Web3 and blockchain. To add to the capabilities Hybrid Compute affords, Boba Network also employs several additional components that are integral to the long-term success of the project:
- Multichain scaling: Boba is currently deployed to scale the Ethereum, Avalanche, Moonbeam, and Fantom blockchains, with more to come soon.
- Dual fee tokens: Boba’s design allows users to pay gas fees in either BOBA or the corresponding Layer-1’s proprietary asset.
- NFT bridging: Boba Network allows users to mint NFTs on Boba and bridge them to their favorite mainchain, creating a seamless, fast, and inexpensive user experience (UX) for their NFT needs.
- Layer-1 mainchain security: Boba Network leverages the integrity of the mainchain it is attached to unlike other solutions that rely on insecure side chains or other inefficient iterations.
- Increased transaction throughput and reduced gas fees: Boba Network’s Layer-2 is designed to maximize Layer-1 mainchain throughput, while significantly reducing gas fees during transaction processing. The result is a much faster, cheaper solution for end users.
- Enhanced smart contract functionality: Hybrid Compute allows smart contracts to leverage greater functionality and utility, enabling more intuitive, complex integration for smart contracts and dApps through specialized off-chain AI and machine learning (ML) algorithms
- Elimination of withdrawal fast exit problem: Boba Network is built to eliminate the fast exit problem, allowing users to withdraw their funds in 5 to 10 minutes instead of the typical 7- to 14-day waiting period.
Not only does Boba Network leverage the above qualities, it is also fully integrated with many of the world’s leading blockchain enterprises including Binance, Avalanche, and Moonbeam. These partnerships along with the characteristics we have discussed above, help ensure Boba becomes a central pillar to blockchain’s multi chain future today and beyond.
About Enya Labs
Enya’s mission is to extend the benefits of a permissionless economic system to everyone on the planet. Enya is a core contributor to Boba Network, the only multichain Layer-2 blockchain scaling solution and the only smart contract platform that enables Web3-Web2 interoperability. Boba Network improves the performance and lowers the transaction cost of base-layer blockchains by 40x-100x. Its unique Hybrid Compute technology allows smart contracts to call any off-chain API, giving developers the best of both the Web3 and the Web2 worlds to build the most compelling decentralized applications possible.
About Boba Network
Boba Network is a blockchain Layer-2 scaling solution and Hybrid Compute platform offering lightning fast transactions and fees up to 60x less than Ethereum.
Our Hybrid Compute brings the power of Web2 on-chain, with smarter smart contracts that allow developers and creators to leverage off-chain compute and real-world data to offer an enriched experience unlike anything else on the market today. We’re delivering a faster, cheaper, smarter experience for blockchain’s next billion users.
More Information about Boba Network: